28 July 2010
Can I or can't I?
Weeks 13-16 "they say" are the weeks when you feel the first movements of your baby. I've been anxiously awaiting these moments and have no clue what I'm feeling for. Friends have said it feels like flutters, butterfly movements, and gas bubbles. I don't really know what any of those feel like. Gas? Yes. But gas bubbles as if they are something separate, no. But the past 3 days, starting with a loud noise made by the Byler Cottage's shower I am feeling this stomach growl on the right side of my belly, about 4 inches below by belly button. Maybe I'm just hungry? Good possiblity. Maybe baby is stretching out all of his 4 3/4 inches and bumping into things? Hopefully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't really feel my baby move with my first pregnancy until I was about 18 weeks. I could actually see her kicking my stomach too when I was in the bathtub. There was no mistaking it! It's so hard to tell though especially with your first. Don't worry, you'll feel Baby D soon enough and soon it'll keep you up in the night with its incessant motion. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't feel my daughter until I was around 22-23 weeks (I partly blame that on my busy work/school schedule at the time). When you do feel it, there will be no mistaking it. It feels just like what it is...a little person kicking you from the inside :-)
ReplyDelete