It feels so good to say that Harper is a healthy, happy four month old who weighs 9 pounds 8 ounces. She's still gaining an ounce a day and the doctor is happy with her progress. She's smiling more, laughing just a little bit, looking all around, and fighting our pressure for her to love tummy time. We've switched her out of her bassinette with hopes of getting her into her crib and we think that the pack n play is a good option for broadening her horizons. After 4 months of being in a tiny little sleeping space for most of her day, I can imagine it's a little scary being in that big open crib with monkeys on the sheets. Here she is with her curious cat friend who can't stand to be left out of any new changes that may be happening in her household.
Curious Kitty/New Bed from The Doyels on Vimeo.
Oh, and look at the little calendar marker in the top left corner of the blog: says Harper's age- "4 months" adjusted age- "1 month, 3 weeks" crazy!
She's getting so big and cute! Try doing tummy time while she's propped up on a throw pillow or boppy. They tolerate it so much better that way. My kids' doctor gave me that tip a few years ago and it really helps. :)
ReplyDeleteLaura I have missed so much of your blog in the past several weeks- It's been fun catching up with your posts and Harper is so grown up and sweet! I'm glad you like the cloth diapers. I have the same pros and cons list as you and I would recommend them to anyone. Plus, because Bryan has allergy/skin issues, the cloth diapers are way better because there aren't the harsh chemicals in them like disposables. How is Harper liking the pack 'n play? Bryan was in it for the first 3 months and it worked great for us.
ReplyDelete