06 October 2010

Phone Contact

It's always a challenge to get in touch with people via phone now that we're abroad and thankfully, Nate's work phone calls the States and then we just pay for extra charges.  But the next problem is that our number comes up weird on caller id, like 00123345667789002049 and of course you have no clue who it could be, probably a salesperson.  Well here's my solution: I now have started calling friends and family, leaving a voicemail, then calling back 5 minutes later after you've had the chance to hear the message if you were by your phone. So maybe that way we can connect. Also, Esther somehow left me a voicemail on Skype the other day which was GREAT because I felt like I actually had a phone people could call and leave me messages.  So you can do that if you want to say hi or tell me when to call you.  I'm happy to call from our phone since international calling from the US isn't as easy as calling from Nate's cell. Paying for the calls is worth it when I think, "Well, this is what I would spend if we were going out for coffee instead." Not quite as fun, but still worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment