This week has felt like forever and I can't believe that it has only been 7 days since our arrival here. Some would say that we have been very productive here, but I don't feel that way since most of the time I am alone in the hotel room while Nate is at work. We found an apartment, I was offered 2 jobs, we got out of the city to a nearby lake (Amatitlan), and saw 2 museums. But the feeling is different here...it's probably because we don't have friends yet and don't really feel the freedom to just go out and explore. We're finding that we need to be on our guard a little more when walking around, and there are a number of "questionables" lingering around the streets. But, we've been trying to stick close to the hotel, when walking, if we see a questionable coming towards us, we cross the street. Last night, walking home from the movies, we crossed the street four times in 1/2 mile. Whether or not it's necessary, we don't know, but it makes us feel more secure. I guess it's hard knowing that this is a hardship post and carrying on normal life because really, had no one ever told me it was dangerous here, I would have never been able to tell.
We would appreciate prayer against this fear, and help for me especially in these times where I feel isolated in this hotel room because I'm too cautious and on my guard to want to go out by myself. I have met a few people and have the digits of one girl here who I am trying to get together with. It will take time, and I'm to anxious to wait around for things to fall into place.
Je suis tres contente d'entendre que vous etes bien arrives.
ReplyDeleteWe will keep you in our prayers.
I'm praying for you, Laura! I know of some great movies, you need something to do. =)
ReplyDelete