After experiencing Flag Day once in my life, I probably care not to have one again. They know how excited everyone is and wait until the last possible moment to reveal where each of the 100 people are going. We're excited about "Guate". Despite the obvious dangers that are present throughout all of Latin America, we are ready to put on our street smarts and get to know our new patria.

Last night at the State Department, Nate's class was sworn in by our very own Madam Secretary Clinton. She actually looks better than I thought she would in real life.
How exciting! A new adventure for you both. How do your parents feel about both their children living out of the country. Now a dumb question...I am still confused as to what your husband does. You will have to explain a bit:)
ReplyDeleteMy parents are excited but probably a little disappointed that we don't all live in the same city (or country!). At least they have the chance for lots of cool travel. My husband will work in the US embassy in Guatemala mostly doing interviews for visas to Guatemalans who want to come here to work/live. It will change depending on where we move, but I guess the natural progression after a long career in the Foreign Service would be to become an ambassador representing the US abroad. How are you guys doing over there in UT?
ReplyDelete