in my entire life that is...previously (pre-June 2008) I would wake up and stand in front of the mirror in the bathroom for 30 or more minutes straightening my hair. That would last me two days until I had to do the same thing all over again. At the same time, I would get rave reviews about my curly hair. So when I had to be at work at 7am this summer, the extra 30+ minutes were definitely not worth losing sleep over. So my hairstyling sort of became an ad hoc endeavor.
But now that the school year has started and I'm leaving the house at 6:50am, I've continued this pattern. It's curly- sometimes really awesome curls, sometimes [2nd day curls are] crazy, huge and wavy. But really what I've realized is that no one either a. notices or b. if they do notice, they're not going to say anything (unless "they" are Nathan or Atosha). Today, it's sort of everywhere and pretty gnarly looking. But my confidence was boosted when first thing in the morning two BOYS in my class say, "Mrs. Doyel, I really really like your hair today."
Bad hair days are character building, give it a try and see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment