He's slowly getting adjusted to the 8 hr. time difference and my middle of the night phone calls don't seem to help that. We've actually been able to talk a lot since he's been there, cheap phone cards are a beautiful thing. But here's a little quote from his email today...
I went into the office this morning at 10 after getting like 4 hours of sleep last night. My coworker and I came in, had a cup of coffee and chatted for awhile. Then we walked around and he introduced me to everyone. They are all really friendly. Afterwards, we went out to lunch with Jim (the other MCC guy). We had a big italian lunch, with antipasti, wine, main course, and a coffee afterwards. So by 2 pm, I'd done nothing but meet people and eat/drink. Then we came back to the office and then there was a birthday party. So now, it's three, I've had wine, champagne, and loads and loads of food. Not so bad if you ask me. The weather here is very nice, beautiful city. I have a great view of the parliament and 4 old churches from my hotel window alongside a big flat-screen TV.That's all for now, goodnight loyal blog readers.
Hey-sounds like the eastern europe I know and love: lots of food, drink and toasts and plenty of time to get around to working later...
ReplyDeleteLaura-wish i was in dc to help you enjoy your own lunch of wine and pasta...on the weekends, of course.