Moving to new countries definitely has many, many advantages. It also comes with a few disadvantages and frustrations. Now that we've been in Estonia four months, we've realized that we're finally settled in. We've made friends, found a church, we have a routine, and we know what are favorite items are in the grocery store (and don't dare to go to a different store because it would be like starting from scratch). But I have also reached a point where I know a lot about where to go, how things work, and what to do but still feel clueless in doing day to day things like paying for parking, paying a phone bill, and getting my non-European debit card to be accepted when I've loaded all my groceries into bags and back into the cart (this has happened twice and those times did not exhibit the finer side of my emotions). All these mistakes are fixable, but just end up costing more money than usual. I guess it's part of the every two year learning curve of this Foreign Service adventure.
In other news, Harper turned two...
I got to wear my Grandma's fur coat to the Marine Ball last weekend...
And my parents are coming to visit next week!
Having never lived outside the US I can only imagine how hard it must be. I still feel like Utah is a foreign country though, ha ha! I can't believe Harper is already 2! That went by way too fast!
ReplyDelete