11 November 2010

Layette Shipment

Clearly Nate's job affords me many benefits while living abroad. As if it wasn't nice enough to ship all our possesions and car to Guatemala, or having a US mailing address, or getting a sweet apartment, or any other multitude of things, we also have the benefit of a "layette shipment."  We get to ship up to 250 lbs. of baby stuff and furniture down here just before baby arrives.  So this summer when I was in AZ, my parents and sister all spent the morning at Babies R Us and bought everything we will need for the first year.  Well, at least the stuff that we think we'll need.  I'm sure we've missed a whole slew of things, but Nate and I are blissfully unaware since baby stores like that are not available here.  So it was stored at the 'rents house since July and picked up a month ago, put on a plane and delivered last week! I'm so so glad I didn't have to wander around Guatemala to find something inexpensive and nice.  I couldn't wait, and had to set the crib up now, mostly to see if the fitted sheet I made fit, and it did! 






No comments:

Post a Comment