Harper-day 17 of life-she weighs 3 pounds 8 ounces! We're so happy that she's gaining weight, yesterday she was 3 lbs. 6 1/2 ounces, the day before, 3 lbs. 5 1/2 ounces. She's past her birth weight now and doing great. The doctors continue to be happy with her progress and say that everything that she's doing is within the normal range for a baby of 32 weeks. She will be 33 weeks on Monday and we couldn't be happier with her progress.
This morning was the best visit so far. Unfortunately we forgot the camera but we got to watch her get a sponge bath (with cotton balls). That was fun because she was the most awake we've ever seen. She was looking at us, cooing, and flailing her arms around as the nurse washed her. Then, when she was all clean I got to hold her. We sang to her because she was awake the whole time and seemed to really enjoy it. We're now visiting her three times a day at 7am (before Nate goes to work), 2pm, and 7pm. Now that we're seeing her more and holding her more it feels like there is more of a bond and I feel like someone is missing when we're out and about.
My mom comes on Friday for our baby shower and we're so excited to introduce her to her first grandchild!
We continue to pray for:
- Harper to fight infection
- continued weight gain
- this week they'll start trying to bottle feed her instead of through the tube, we pray for success with that
- strong lungs and breathing
- good brain development
It has been a long 17 days, we're tired, but we have hope that our little one will be home very soon.
Every time I read a post on Harper's progress it brings a flow of tears of joy, hope and love to my eyes. Can't wait to hold her.
ReplyDeleteLove Uncle Mike
Hey you two,
I am thrilled that Harper is doing so well. I wish I could be there to see her and help out in any way. I will keep the positive thoughts coming your way.
Love you all,
Great Aunt Margaret
Oh Laura!! I had no idea you already had your baby. I'll keep you in my prayers. My oldest Ainsley was a 34-weeker herself so seeing you use all those premie terms is bringing it all back to me. Best of luck and I love the name!
ReplyDelete