24 December 2009

Serious design help needed!

Ok, Nate thinks I was crazy for painting the guest room purple. In my mind it was cool and hip. But now that it's painted, it could easily be a little girl's bedroom. I need help. What could I do (color schemes, new rug, etc.) that could possibly transform it into a really cool living space for you when you come to visit?





6 comments:

  1. I like it. Decorate with Guatemalan colors and fabrics.
    Jim says use the colors in the pictures on the wall.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have a sweet set-up with the view over the canyon and room decor. Laura, the art major, says the color you picked is very tranquil and relaxing.....keep it!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out the HGTV Sweepstakes Home. It has a room the same color and is in New Mexico, so there is a Latin American vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute room. Love the closets. I like the color you chose. Maybe an aqua/turquoise and dark browns would be cool. You need to take more pics of your house so we can see your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura,

    I love, love, love your place! It's freaking awesome! If you come visit us, you might have to turn sideways to fit through the hall--not cause you are fat, but because it's going to be so darn tight! I love the color--it makes me want to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously just read in a interior design magazine that "purple is the new neutral." Not sure if I agree, but I definitley love it...and I think it rocks.

    ReplyDelete