22 October 2009

Moving out of the hotel day

If all goes as planned (????) then we get to move into our awesome apartment today at 1pm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because the lease hasn't been signed yet but we've got loaner furniture being delivered and someone coming to take all our suitcases there. Then UAB comes tomorrow with our computer, some food, dishes, towels, and anything else they fit when I frantically pointed to what I thought was 300 lbs. worth of stuff. But before moving, I have to go to the "gown shop" next door to look for a ball gown for the Marine Corp ball in 2 weeks. I always imagined that if I ever was in a position to get an invitation to a formal ball that I would have a plethora of dresses. But no, I'm essentially going to what looks like a prom dress store in hopes of finding something that doesn't make me look like I'm trying to re-live high school.

1 comment:

  1. haha! i can't wait to hear about the marine corp ball - what fun you must be having!

    ReplyDelete