1. Our home. We feel such peace at this apartment. It is set on this amazing cliff that we can't get enough of. By the way, these pictures attempt to capture the beauty, but don't fully do it.
2. Having some kitchen things that allow us to cook for ourselves for the first time in weeks.
3. Jobs...Nate gets to see all sorts of cool things in the city and meet lots of neat people (yesterday it was a meeting with the VP of Guatemala) and I get to work with Guatemalan kids and Guatemalan teachers. I guess this gives me a more "real" connection with the people here. I also realized yesterday how much of the Embassy Bubble I've been living in...people who are living in the same places, socializing with the same people, and more or less doing the same types of things.
4. Friends. We've met some great folks and have spent lots of time with Matt & Erin (See Antigua pictures). It has made life feel more normal and has been nice having fun friends.
I'm not missing home, but I miss all the people at home...("Home" being all over the world)
Laura - I'm so glad you guys are having such a great time! I can't wait to come visit!
ReplyDelete