I am/have been forcibly made to be a great juggler of many tasks...this year has been so hard for me working full time and doing part-time grad school. Now that it's summer break, I am getting emails from my faithful readers ;) that I should have more time now and have a life again. Not the case yet. The final task for this teaching certification program is finish any outstanding general education requisites for the State of Virginia which in my case happens to be 3 courses. So now, on top of 2 grad classes, I'm taking History of Virginia, U.S. History, and Math for Allied Health (just need to show that I took ANY math class) from Northern VA Community College. Thankfully, 2 are online and one ends on July 1st but I STILL cannot rest yet!
I am pressing on to the end of July when I should have everything wrapped up, grades in, requisites completed, certification application in the mail and (fingers crossed) a job to start for the school year. It's a lot, there's been so much juggling of tasks that it's unbelievable. I love to see how God works it all out too. Like situations that need some serious mastermind planning (i.e. how to schedule 5 classes simultaneously, and oh yeah, I accepted a job teaching summer school for 3 hours per day at the school I am hoping to work at next year) and after hours and hours of trying to figure it out on my own, they just fall into place stress-free.
This long post is certainly not my blog style, but I thought it would be nice to let you know why it seems like I have not returned from dropping off the face of the earth this year.
Much love. Laura
Oh my dear cousin! you are so overloaded with stuff! How do you manage? If I had to go back to school now, I don't know if I could cope. I miss it though. It sounds like a summer trip down further south is out of the question for you, but if you need a break let me know! My only vacation plans are to head out on August 27-31st to visit your parents, Gpa and Linda. So our home is open any other time if you need a getaway!
ReplyDeleteHey congrats on the job...I did not know the official outcome.
ReplyDeleteI think we should celebrate at the AZ Inn. Just tell your new boss you have a training and need them to fly you out to Tucson!